- Steve Lipton- Twitter @Steve_Lipton
- Episode 25 - Hiring an iOS Developer with John Knox
- Episode 29 - Managing iOS Development with Peter Witham
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
Contact me if you need help today.
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Contact me today if you are interested in sponsoring or go to our Patreon page.
Why Training Is Important
- What is the Red Queen Dilemma?
- What's the difference between Coding and Programming
- Why knowing your customer's needs helps your training be better focused
- The significance of Soft Skills too
- Why you should invest in your current employees rather than hiring new employees
- When consultants and trainers make the most sense
- Building Good Documentation
What Makes For Good Training Material
- Make sure the pattern and style matches yours
- Good production quality
- Make sure it's readable!
- Make sure your audience understands - Bloom's Taxonomy
- Make sure it sticks
Creating Good Training Videos
- Steve Lipton - No Biz Like Show Biz: Video Recording Your App for Marketing and Instruction
- Have a decent microphone
- Have a quiet room
- Font Size 20 and up
- Balance Size, Resolution and File Size - 16:9 HD Resolution
- Have a script to follow
How to Judge Good Training Material Online
- How many video do they have?
- Watch the welcome video
- Good series of tracks
- Good organization
Specific Challenges with Xcode and Swift
- Dealing with constant changes and updates (i.e. Xcode)
- Understand updates are part of the workflow
- Patterns are more stable then APIs (i.e. Reactive Programming vs Combine)
- Apple's Character Arcs
Twitter - @brightdigit
Facebook - BrightDigit
LinkedIn - BrightDigit
Instagram - @brightdigit
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★